FEBRUARY 3 "WHO IS JEHOVAH NISSI?"

One might think that all the different names for God in the Bible were made up by Pastors and Theologians, to make them sound smart in front of their classes and congregations. However, we know that not to be true and the fact is, that The Lord himself is the one who identifies himself by these different names because there is more to God, than just one aspect of himself, ie: The Lord Saves. In our text he reveals himself to Moses and Joshua, as Jehovah Nissi, translated in English, The Lord is my banner. So what does that mean? It means The Lord who fights for you! A more modern word for Banner would be Standard and a more modern word for Standard would be Flag.
This coincides with Isaiah's Prophecy, "when the enemy comes in like a flood, I will raise up a Standard....".  When the Israelites fought in war, they would have a pole with a Standard, a flag on it and where ever the fighting was fiercest, they would raise up The Standard and the fighting men would all rally to that place to help defend.  This is the imagery that The Lord is using to describe himself.  He is saying, you know me by Yeshua, The Lord Saves, but I also want you to know me as Jehovah Nissi, The Lord who will fight for you! We may thank God every day for our salvation and be sincere and than try to take on all the battles of the day by ourselves and why? Because we do not know and have not met Jehovah Nissi, The Lord my Banner.  And just like He did for Moses and Joshua in a great time of war and conflict, so does He want to do for you, "let them know, let him know, let her know, that I AM The Lord, Thy Banner, Jehovah Nissi and I will fight both for you and with you! When the enemy is coming in heavy against you, call upon me, Jehovah Nissi and I will raise the banner above your head and rally my defenses to you, to fight for you and on your behalf.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FEBRUARY 8 "ABANDONED IN MY TIME OF NEED"

OCTOBER 27 "THE UNIQUENESS OF THE DOVE"

AUGUST 8 "ARE YOU THE WELL RESPECTED CHRISTIAN?"