MARCH 5 "I KNOW WORK IS A FOUR LETTER WORD"

    How are we ever going to make advancements in our personal lives and in The Church, until we learn, work IS NOT a dirty four letter word? Question: "Well, how much am I going to get paid if I help?"  Ans:  Nothing!  Are you really going to ask God that question?  It's like the son whose Father has spent his life feeding him, clothing him, driving him to Football, taking him out of town, paying for his summer vacations, paying for his school and one day, the father's car is broke down and he needs some help from his son, whose driver's license he paid for, whose car he bought for him, and the son turns around and tells him he'll drive him around for errands, but ONLY if he gives him gas money.  The audacity of the son.  

This is where most Christians are in their relationship with God, full of nerve and audacity.  Thanklessness, not Thankfulness. God has no qualms, no hesitation about asking us to work for Him; do we have hesitation in working for Him?  I can just imagine the moaning and groaning in the camp when Moses came along and said, "well boys, I heard from God, it's time to move from this spot, let's start taking everything down and prepare to move".  Call me a pessimist, call me negative, but I'm gonna say that there were not shouts of joy, laughter and jubilation in the camp that day, but rather wailing and weeping. 

One of the great struggles of The Church, is trying to keep it running because the laborers are so few.  Nobody wants to "work for the Lord" we just want to put out our hands on payday.  "Lord bless me, Lord enrich me, Lord prosper me" and then we show up at 10:59am on Sunday morning, for the 11:00am service, asking if "there's any service, work for the Lord we can do, before the service starts".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FEBRUARY 8 "ABANDONED IN MY TIME OF NEED"

OCTOBER 27 "THE UNIQUENESS OF THE DOVE"

AUGUST 8 "ARE YOU THE WELL RESPECTED CHRISTIAN?"