APRIL 6 “WHY ARE YOU SO FRUSTRATED GOD?”

     It’s so easy for the ones who frustrated others, to be sanctimonious and criticize them, “wow, they get so angry”.  Its so easy for those that disobey the law to criticize those that do obey it and have to enforce and it’s so easy for “the lawbreakers” (us sinners) to criticize the God who has made those laws and offer to bless us in return and spare us from harm. And its not just “do what I tell you or else!” It’s do what I tell you and it will be to your benefit. Sound like a good deal? For some reason, humans say, “no, it’s not a good deal, I reject it and I want to do what I want; and it still better go well for me, or I will smear your name.”
     God then points out a major flaw in our thinking, “when such a person hears the words of this oath, he invokes a blessing on himself and thinks, I will be safe, even though I persist in going my own way
If that doesn’t describe the insane, religious, community we live in. The fallacy that quoting scripture or speaking religious platitudes some how covers your life, invokes blessing upon you, even though you live how you darn well please.
     Sure, it’s easy to be sanctimonious when you’re the lawbreaker and the one frustrating others with your  life. Rather than look inward, we smear God’s name, we smear the Pastor’s name, the church or the Christian friend, family member, we smear the Police and any entity (God at the top of the list) that would dare condemn us or be angry at us, for our disobedience. 
    “Why is God so angry, I just don’t get it?” And this is the problem, you just don’t get it. From the Old Testament all the way thru to the New Testament reading, we see God/Jesus, unleashing. For the unregenerate soul, they will condemn God (imagine that). For the enlightened soul, we will fall on our faces and repent and realize, it is our lives, our rebellion, our sin, that frustrates God and put his Son on that cross. Once we get that revelation, it will no longer be, “why is God so frustrated?” It will be, “why has God put up with me for so long?”  “I repent, please forgive me”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FEBRUARY 8 "ABANDONED IN MY TIME OF NEED"

OCTOBER 27 "THE UNIQUENESS OF THE DOVE"

AUGUST 8 "ARE YOU THE WELL RESPECTED CHRISTIAN?"