FEBRUARY 5 "YOU STUD MUFFIN"

   I've been saved since 1991 and have never really had a problem with wanton women trying to hit on and/or seduce me. HOWEVER, I've heard stories from other Christians that have often experienced this and I, have often thought, "odd that it never happens to me" (Thank God!!).

     I've never been in a situation where I've had to run for my life and "all the better for me", I would say. Sometimes I have thought, "well, I must not be a stud muffin and that's why I don't have these problems that other men/women do. Could it be, perhaps, that there is more to this, than meets the eye?! In our reading today (Proverbs) we get a little insight into the matter. Our text gives us two insights into the situations of people who are approached by someone, into an immoral temptation.
#1. That women (or men) can discern those that are open to be seduced, they can discern when a man (or woman) might be open to fowl play and they are the ones they go after. #2. We see that these situations are not just "hap-circumstance" as one might think...(we just ended up alone in the break room) but that these situations are premeditated. When a man or a woman looks at you, what do they see? Do they see a man or woman that is vulnerable, do they see a man or a woman that is looking for fowl play or when they look at you do they see a slammed door in their face? Fact is nobody wants a slammed door in their face or flat out rejection or worse an open rebuke, that could be embarrassing, especially if done in public. Men and women that are looking for someone to illicit and affair with will only go after the one they are getting the correct signals from. (Remember this) What vibes are you giving out at work, at church, or social functions or to your neighbor? If you find yourself in situations that you are constantly being "hit on" and having to resist temptation, perhaps it's not so much that you are a "stud muffin" but rather that you are simply giving out vibes that are soliciting those responses from other males or females. Is this always the case? Of course not, there's always the exception to the rule, but according to God's word, there is a discernment that is being exercised by the one that is seeking out someone to have an affair with, let them never discern, that you are one!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FEBRUARY 8 "ABANDONED IN MY TIME OF NEED"

OCTOBER 27 "THE UNIQUENESS OF THE DOVE"

AUGUST 8 "ARE YOU THE WELL RESPECTED CHRISTIAN?"