THE ONE YEAR BIBLE, SEPTEMBER 22 “OPEN THE EYES OF MY HEART”
FIRST DAY OF FALL!!!
“Open The Eyes of my Heart Lord, I want to see you” was a pretty popular Worship song back in the day. A catchy tune it was but how many caught its true meaning or where the song was inspired from?In our reading today in Ephesians 1:18 “ I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you”. It was a selfless prayer “I pray…for you, that YOUR heart…” Today we sing open the eyes of MY heart”. It’s about ME. Paul understood that the birth of a Christian, was not the end all. That while Christians are Born Again everywhere and every day, not all will make it. Some will grow crooked and others will spiritually die off. Paul understood the importance of praying for new Christians and this is what he prayed for them, “I pray that The Father GIVE YOU the Spirit of Wisdom & Revelation, so that you may KNOW HIM BETTER. I pray that they eyes of your heart be opened that you may KNOW THE HOPE HE HAS CALLED YOU TO”.
When was the last time, if ever. You heard a Christian praying this, for a new believer? How important that we don’t just focus on gimmicks of getting people into the church, but that we earnestly pray for them, that they may grow and deepen in their walk with Jesus! That they may KNOW HIM BETTER!
Lord open THEIR EYES (not mine) That THEY (not me) may see THE HOPE to which you have called them to!
Richard P. Swift is Pastor of The Door San Angelo and author of the bestselling devotional, The One Year Bible Devotional.
"Read The One Year Bible Devotional on Amazon"
Comments
Post a Comment