SEPTEMBER 1 "FORGET MY ISSUES, LET'S TALK ABOUT GOD"

God asks a very good question, "would you condemn me, to justify yourself"

For how many thousands of years have we been doing this already! "I can't believe in a God that would allow children to starve in Africa, sorry!"  Meanwhile, that same person has children he has never cared to father nor provide a $1.00 to the woman he impregnated, to help raise that child and keep that child out of poverty; we have a woman has a child she has aborted because it was convenient, immorality is rampant in our lives, but none of that matters, "because I can't believe in a God who would allow 3000 people to perish in the Twin Towers back in Sept 11, 2001" 

   "Would you condemn me, to justify yourself?" God is asking YOU that question, today! 

It's actually a rhetorical question.  In Job 41:11 God follows up on this thought, "Who has a claim against me, that I must pay?"  The reason these two questions are being posed is for the obvious reason that God already sees a trend occurring and that trend is; to begin to cast blame on God, for our ill behavior.  "My wife makes me do the things I do & my husband makes me say things I don't want to say".  And so, it's only natural to take it a step further, to say, "My issues are not what we need to look at, you want to talk about right and wrong, let's talk about a God that allows suffering, disease, cancer and poverty!"  Somehow, now that you have presented this case against God, somehow the suffering you cause, the hurt you bring, the poverty you inflict, the lies you tell, your sin, now hides in the shadow of God's guilt. 

"Would you condemn me to justify yourself?"  Of course you would, of course I would.  Of course we do!  

How insane, how insubordinate, that we would cast blame on the very one that gives us breath. The most flawed creature (humans) points to the most perfect creature (God) for their sin. 

The only alternative is to look at ourselves and point the finger at the face in the mirror and say, "you are responsible for your sins and nobody else and most certainly, NOT GOD!  And when and if we come to that place, then and only then are we "set free" and able to be reconciled with the God, who we have NO CLAIM AGAINST. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FEBRUARY 8 "ABANDONED IN MY TIME OF NEED"

OCTOBER 27 "THE UNIQUENESS OF THE DOVE"

AUGUST 8 "ARE YOU THE WELL RESPECTED CHRISTIAN?"