SEPTEMBER 5 "BEST YEARS OF YOUR LIFE"

  Heard this lady say, after bitter divorce proceedings, "and I gave the best years of my life to that bum!" She is probably right and what can you say? ....Better luck next time??? I can tell you, nobody will ever turn to God and say, "I gave you the best years of my life and...".  What is the greatest lie that has been perpetuated to the human race? Ans: serve God when you're older. In other words, give the best years of your life to some woman, some man, some sinful pleasure and then live to regret it. If only every 15-25 year old would read Ecclesiastes 11.  Solomon emphasizes youth in our chapter today and is not shy to write that are youthful years truly are the best years of our lives; contrary to many trying to hype up the senior years. "young man it's wonderful to be young! Enjoy every minute of it".  It's sad to think that our 15-25 year olds are giving the best years of their lives to drugs, violence, immorality, basically sin, the world and the devil. Then, they come in the church and of course we take them in, but just like this woman, now in their bitter divorce with the world, all they can say is, "I gave the best years of my life to her, the world, and for what? No good answer for that question.  We must counter the lie perpetuated to our youth; don't waste the best years of your life on her, the world, give your life to Jesus early and give the best years of your life to Him and you will not regret it, if you won't listen to me, after all, who am I? Then at least listen to the wisest man that ever lived. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FEBRUARY 8 "ABANDONED IN MY TIME OF NEED"

OCTOBER 27 "THE UNIQUENESS OF THE DOVE"

AUGUST 8 "ARE YOU THE WELL RESPECTED CHRISTIAN?"