THE ONE YEAR BIBLE CLUB, SEPTEMBER 28, "IS GOD LIKE US?"
I'M READING Isaiah 54:7 "For a brief moment I abandoned you, in a surge of anger I hit my face from you for a moment..." Recently in anger I was thinking, i'm just going to boycott them, I'm just going to give them the cold shoulder...IN A SURGE OF ANGER I .... often how we treat people after a let down, after they've dropped the ball, failed us, let us down, is definately noticeable. As I'm reading this I'm thinking, "Wow, God is just like me!" Of course, leave it to a human to think, "God is like him". How dumb can we be, how egocentric can we be! I'm pretty sure God is ZERO PERCENT anything like us. It is more that we are like Him. It is, according to His Word, "we are created in His IMAGE. That tells me that my emotions, my anger, come from Him. God has made us to feel, God has made us to be anger over certain thing. It is not virtue in anyway to boast not being angry over injustice, child abuse, sex traffficking and we could go on. Do you feel? Does nothing bother you? Do people that just sin recklessly and damage themselves and others; do you not get upset over that? Is being Stoic some kind of new Godly virtue? I think not! FEEL! GET ANGRY! [ and sin not] . There's a time to "Flip the Tables", there's a time to get down right STERN with religious devils. "In a surge of anger I hid my face from you for a time", says The Lord. " I need my space, don't talk to me right now, give me a day or two" Nothing wrong with that. Now we must also read the rest, "but with deep compassion I will bring you back, I wll have compassion on you, says the Lord. The difference between us and God; God always comes back, cools down, forgives, loves and offers compassion. If we are going to be FULLY like God, we cannot just say, "Well God gets angry too, you know!". Yes, he does, but to be fully like God [at least in this area] we must also forgive, come back, settle down, and love again, have compassion on them, an not Boycott them, not write them out of the will, not give them a cold shoulder everytime you see them for months on end. Maybe right now, "you are in that surge of anger". Okay, I gotcha, God says, I created you in my image. Take a few days, says the Lord. But REMEMBER, I expect you also, at some point, sooner than later, to return to them, and forgive and love them, ONCE AGAIN.
Comments
Post a Comment