APRIL 8 "READY OR NOT, HERE I COME"

It's hard to believe, that we "Christians" actually get a warning from God, that He's coming back and that some of us are still not going to be ready! And even with this warning, even with time to get things right, many of us will still be caught with our pants down, figuratively of course! Actually, in some cases it will be quite literally!  I believe that God's frustration with us, is not a whole lot different than his frustration with the Israelites in the Old Testament reading. It doesn't help that we have Preachers teaching that once you get saved you can do whatever you want and you will still make Heaven your home. This kind of preaching really takes the punch out of Jesus' warning to us to get ready or else! Or else what? If I'm going to Heavan, then what? What is there to watch for, what is there to be ready for?  Jesus is clear to illustrate in His story "that they that know what they should be doing and don't do it, will be greatly punished". I remember that adrenaline I felt as a kid when we would play Hide & Seek and the person who was it would finish counting and scream out, "ready or not  here I come!" And that's when the adrenaline would kick in and I would run as fast as I could to my secret spot or just bunker down where I was.  There was something scarry about being caught even though there was no repercussions. Jesus has said, "ready or not, here I come" and some of us need to feel that rush of adrenaline, instead of apathy and spiritual despondency. And just like "Hide & Seek" apparently many will try to run and hide (scripture reveals) and Jesus is sure to make clear; there will be no place to hide, no place to run. Jesus has screamed, "ready or not here I come" and let the adrenaline or should I say reverence kick in now. If you haven't seen him, if He hasn't found you yet, there's still time, but once He appears to you, as in Hide & Seek, you're done! You're caught! The world will not know what to think when "The Rapture" happens, but we who were supposed Christians will know and for some it will be a dream come true and for others it will be their greatest nightmare come true as they know they're caught. Jesus has called out, "ready or not here I come", don't run and hide, but rather fall to your knees and repent, if need be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FEBRUARY 8 "ABANDONED IN MY TIME OF NEED"

OCTOBER 27 "THE UNIQUENESS OF THE DOVE"

AUGUST 8 "ARE YOU THE WELL RESPECTED CHRISTIAN?"